Chunky sausage & tomato pasta
A quick, easy to make pasta dish. Sweet, fresh cherry tomatoes with succulent sausages and italian flavour. An all round family favourite.
- 1 handful of basil leaves
- 1 tbsp garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- grated parmesan
- 4 lincolnshire pork sausages sliced into bite-sized chunks
- 500 g penne pasta
- 400 g tomatoes freshly chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 200 ml white wine
- Heat the oil in a non stick pan then fry the sausage chunks for 8-10 mins on a medium heat until browned and cooked through. Add the crushed garlic and fry for 1 min. Add the wine, bring to the boil and cook until the wine has reduced by half.
- Add in the tomato purée and chopped tomatoes and give ingredients a good stir. Taste and season as required. Simmer for 15 mins until you have a rich, thick sauce.
- Boil the pasta (based on the cooking instructions on the packet). Once cooked, drain the pasta and add, with the basil to the sauce. Give it a good stir, then serve in bowls. Top with grated parmesan.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Since the first seed catalogue was published in 1855, Thompson & Morgan has grown to become one of the UK’s largest Mail Order Seed and Plant companies. Through the publication of our catalogues and the operation of our award-winning website, Thompson & Morgan is able to provide home gardeners with the very best quality products money can buy.