Courgette and Parmesan Soup
This creamy soup is perfect for using up a glut of courgettes and a great way to make use of those extra-large courgettes! You can add extra parmesan to the soup when you serve, some fresh chilli and even a swirl of cream depending on your taste.
- Olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic - chopped
- Handful mixed herbs - fresh basil works really well, as does oregano, chives and parsley
- salt and pepper - to taste
- 1 kg courgettes - chopped into small chunks
- 1 fresh chilli - optional
- 750 ml stock
- 50 g freshly grated parmesan - plus extra to serve
- Swirl of single cream - to serve
- Gently cook the chopped courgettes, garlic and herbs in a heavy based saucepan until the courgette has begun to soften.
- Season generously with salt and black pepper. You can also some chopped fresh chilli at this stage if you wish!
- Add the stock and simmer until the courgette is completely softened - about 10 minutes.
- Blend the soup until smooth - if you wish you can keep back some of the cooked courgette and add into the rest of the blended soup to give some texture.
- Now add in your parmesan cheese and stir until it has melted into the soup. You can now add more salt and pepper to taste and then add in the cream at this point if you wish, although I find that when using a large courgette it is already quite creamy!
- Serve with a sprinkle of parmesan on top and some extra black pepper, if you wish!
Find out how to grow courgettes and other squashes from seed by visiting our hub page.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Since the first seed catalogue was published in 1855, Thompson & Morgan has grown to become one of the UK’s largest Mail Order Seed and Plant companies. Through the publication of our catalogues and the operation of our award-winning website, Thompson & Morgan is able to provide home gardeners with the very best quality products money can buy.