Fat free cherry cake
- Lined flat baking tin
- Mixing bowl
- Enough cherries to fill the bottom of a lined flan tin
- 3 eggs
- 65 g sugar
- 110 g plain flour
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp natural yoghurt
- 50 g ground almonds
- a few drops of almond essence
- Pre-heat your oven to gas mark 4/160℃ fan/180℃
- Beat the eggs and sugar for at least five minutes until very frothy and pale.
- Gently fold in the yoghurt and almond essence, and then half the dry ingredients sieved, then the remainder.
- Try and lose as little of the air as possible.
- Pour the batter over the cherries and bake in a preheated oven for about 20 mins, or until the top is golden and springs back to the touch.
- Leave to cool and then turn out upside down onto a plate.
- Serve warm or cold with a healthy dollop of natural yoghurt.
Lead image: Cherry ‘Stella’ from Thompson & Morgan
Since the first seed catalogue was published in 1855, Thompson & Morgan has grown to become one of the UK’s largest Mail Order Seed and Plant companies. Through the publication of our catalogues and the operation of our award-winning website, Thompson & Morgan is able to provide home gardeners with the very best quality products money can buy.