- Pre-heat the oven to 180C/160C fan. Sprinkle flour on a clean surface and roll our the pastry to a maximum of half a cm thick. Put a small bowl or saucer on the pastry and cut round it with a sharp knife to make 4 circles. Use one circle to line each tart tin. Press in firmly and cut off any excess pastry.
- In each tin, top the pastry with some greaseproof paper or baking paper and add a lyer of rice or baking beans. Put the tarts in the oven for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven, take off the greaseproof paper and rice/baking beans. Leave to the side to cool.
- Put the cream in a bowl and whisk the cream until it starts to get thick. Now stir in the lemon curd.
- Wash the strawberries, remove the green tops and cut the fruit into slices.
- Divide the lemon cream into the 4 pastry cases. Layer the strawberries in a spiral on top.
- Combine the jam and 1 tbsp hot water in a bowl, mix together and then brush it over the strawberries as a glaze. Garnish with a mint leaf, serve and enjoy
Since the first seed catalogue was published in 1855, Thompson & Morgan has grown to become one of the UK’s largest Mail Order Seed and Plant companies. Through the publication of our catalogues and the operation of our award-winning website, Thompson & Morgan is able to provide home gardeners with the very best quality products money can buy.