SowStrong® – A Natural Way to Growing Success
New and exclusive to Thompson & Morgan in 2013 is the new SowStrong® range. Featured in the 12th January issue of Amateur Gardening, these vegetable seeds have been coated with 100% natural and ecological products to make sowings easier and far more successful.
Why use coated seeds?
There are several benefits of using coated seeds:
- See what you sow! The new and innovative naturally colour-coated seeds make sowing dark coloured seeds easy
- Precision sowing means less need for thinning
- The coating contains natural fungicide, pesticide and fertiliser to give germinating seeds the very best start
- It’s safe to humans, pets, wildlife and the environment
- The protective layers ensure stronger and more sturdy seedlings, which resist damping off and insect damage
What’s in the protective layers and what do they do?
The coating is made up from a mixture of herbs and garlic extract, as well as vitamins and minerals. It makes sowing easier and stimulates and protects the plant’s growth from seedling to the first true leaf stage. The 100% natural fertiliser provides micronutrients and microelements that are crucial for plant growth. The coating also contains a 100% natural fungicide and pesticide to protect the growing seedling – preventing damping off disease and insect damage at the same time.
The SowStrong® range is available online at www.thompson-morgan.com/sow-strong and includes carrots, onions, tomatoes, peppers, cabbage and more. Priced at £2.49 per packet, this range really does give value for money.