Courgette & double cheese quiche
- Start with the pastry: Into a food processor add the flour, butter and cheese. Blitz until the mixture resembles crumbs, add 2 tbsp water and two egg yolks. Pulse until the mixture resembles a loose dough. Sprinkle some flour onto a clean surface and knead the dough to a smooth pastry.
- Roll out the pastry into circles wide enough to fit into a 20cm loose base tin, but no thicker than half a cm and place between two sheets of baking paper. Place in the fridge to chill for at least an hour.
- Remove the pastry from the fridge and line the tin. Work it into the corners of the tin and remove any excess pastry. Return to the fridge for roughly 10 mins.
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan. Line the pastry case with baking paper and cover with baking beans or rice. Blind bake for 20 mins. After 20mins lift off the parchment and beans/rice, and continue to bake until the base is fully cooked and brown. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Transfer the courgette and spring onions from the colander to a clean tea towel or some kitchen roll and squeeze out any remaining water. Tip into a mixing bowl and stir in the stilton, marmalade and thyme. Evenly apply the mixture to the tart case base.
- In a bowl whisk together the cream, 1 whole egg, 2 egg yolks and season well. Pour over the filling and bake for 30-35 mins until set. Remove from the oven and leave to cool before serving.
Since the first seed catalogue was published in 1855, Thompson & Morgan has grown to become one of the UK’s largest Mail Order Seed and Plant companies. Through the publication of our catalogues and the operation of our award-winning website, Thompson & Morgan is able to provide home gardeners with the very best quality products money can buy.