To enter, simply click on the buttons below and follow the instructions. Increase your chances of winning by completing all the entry methods.
Thank you for entering and good luck!
We’ve teamed up with our friends at Happy Beaks to offer the ultimate bird feeding bundle worth over £80. The prize includes:
- A premium bird table with built-in feeder from Happy Beaks
- Bird seed – All seasons mix (12.75kg)
- Aflatoxin tested peanuts (5kg)
- Vintage seed tin from T&M
- Sunflower ‘Beaches Mix’ seeds
- Cornfield Mix seeds
- Wild poppy seeds
- Cornflower ‘Red, White & Blue’ seeds
- Teasel seeds
The winner will be contacted via email from email@example.com just after the closing date. Whether you’re taking part in this year’s Big Garden Birdwatch (26-28 January 2024) or just love to fill your garden with feathered friends, here are some helpful tips…
8 ways to make your garden more bird-friendly
There are lots of ways to create a bird-friendly garden that’s teeming with wildlife. For quick results, put out some high quality bird food and see who drops in. But if you’re looking for long-term gain, concentrate on improving your garden design, changing your planting scheme and sowing the flower seeds that birds love. Here are some ideas to help bring birds to your garden.
- Add a wide range of bird feeders: Try a variety of hanging feeders, bird tables and ground feeders and keep them topped up all year round with seeds, fat balls, peanuts and mealworms. Find expert tips on the best place to position bird feeders here.
- Hang nest boxes: Make sure you put them in a sheltered spot away from full sun, strong wind and driving rain. Here are some top tips for putting up a nest box.
- Supply clean water: A well-maintained bird bath is a welcome treat in the summer and vital in the winter when other water sources are frozen. Find everything you need to know about bird baths here.
- Don’t use pesticides: Switch to organic pest control so birds don’t accidentally end up as collateral damage. Read our full article on pest control methods for a thorough examination of all the options.
- Choose bird-friendly plants and flowers: Whether it’s a place to shelter or a natural food source, your planting scheme plays a huge part in making birds feel safe and welcome in your garden. Here are five of the best plants and flowers to attract birds.
- Plant hedges: Small birds especially love the security of a leafy hedge, and all birds enjoy feasting on the insects, fruit and berries that they find there. Read our hedges for wildlife article for more information.
- Create a quiet corner: Section off a small area and keep it free of noisy children and pets to allow birds to feed, roost and nest in peace.
- Boost the insect population: Build insect hotels, leave undisturbed areas of longer grass and even dig a small pond. Improving the overall eco-diversity in your garden will tempt birds to visit regularly and even make nests. Read our tips on creating wildlife habitats for more ideas.
If you love to wake up to a dawn chorus that continues all day long, providing food and water and shelter is the best way to fill your garden with birds. For a wealth of information and advice on wildlife gardening, visit our dedicated hub page.
Terms & Conditions
1. This competition is open to UK mainland residents aged 18 or over.
2. No purchase is necessary to enter this competition.
3. The promoter is Branded Garden Products Ltd, trading as Happy Beaks and Thompson & Morgan.
4. The Competition opens at 11.59am on 19th January 2024, and closes at 11.59pm on 29th January 2024. Entries received after that date and time will not be considered.
5. Employees or agents of Happy Beaks, Thompson & Morgan and related brands – Branded Garden Products, their families or other persons connected with this promotion are not eligible to enter.
6. To Enter: use the Gleam widget and choose from the methods available.
7. If you have any questions about how to enter or in connection with the Competition, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not email us to enter; only email if you have difficulties using the online entry form above.
8. There will be one winner randomly selected who will receive the prizes stated above.
9. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
10. The winner will be chosen from a random draw of correct entries.
11. The winner will be notified by email within 3 working days of the closing date. If a winner does not respond within 14 days of being notified, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and the promotor shall be entitled to select another winner.
12. If a winner rejects their prize, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and the promotor shall be entitled to select another winner.
13. The Prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes. Branded Garden Products Ltd retains the right to substitute the Prize with another prize of similar value in the event the original prize offered is not available.
14. Branded Garden Products Ltd may request that the winner participates in publicity arising from the Competition. The winner is under no obligation to participate and may decline this request. Participation is at the winner’s discretion.
15. If you agreed to sign up to our mailing list, you are agreeing to receive occasional emails and catalogues from Happy Beaks, from which you can unsubscribe at any time. This is a voluntary entry method, and not a mandatory condition of entry.
16. If you agreed to sign up to our mailing list, you are agreeing to receive occasional emails and catalogues from Thompson & Morgan, from which you can unsubscribe at any time. This is a voluntary entry method, and not a mandatory condition of entry.
17. By submitting your entry, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
18. Branded Garden Products Ltd accept no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the prize.
19. All entries must be made by the entrant themselves. Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries, entries by macros or other automated means (including systems which can be programmed to enter), and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that an entrant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that entrant’s entries into the promotion in a way that is not consistent with the spirit of the giveaway, that entrant’s entries will be disqualified and any Prize award will be void.
20. Branded Garden Products Ltd reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control. The decision of Branded Garden Products Ltd in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
21. Branded Garden Products Ltd reserves the right to disqualify entries if it has reasonable grounds to suspect that fraudulent entry has occurred.
22. Branded Garden Products Ltd shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
Since the first seed catalogue was published in 1855, Thompson & Morgan has grown to become one of the UK’s largest Mail Order Seed and Plant companies. Through the publication of our catalogues and the operation of our award-winning website, Thompson & Morgan is able to provide home gardeners with the very best quality products money can buy.